Although WordPress have more than hundreds free plugin for you blog site but here I am talking about only top 8 WordPress social Media plugin that most downloaded and used.
Social Media Plugins helps to promote your blog by integrating Facebook like, Facebook share, Google+ like, twitter, pinterest, reddit, Digg, stumbleupon, linkedIn etc to blog.
Social media plugin are biggest source of traffic to your blog after search engines as visitor wants to share the article with his friend/group whenever they read good article.
WordPress Social Media Feather plugin allows to quickly add social sharing and following features to all post, pages and custom page f your blog.
WordPress Social Media Feather plugin add social buttons for sharing or following. The social media buttons can be easily and automatically be added to all posts, pages or other custom post types.
WordPress Social Media Feather plugin features:
- Integrate WordPress social sharing button to all your posts
- WordPress social sharing and following widgets
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, tumblr, Linkedin and e-mail
- Following on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS Feed
- Each social provider can be enabled or disabled as required
- Ability to select what services each provider will be exposed for
- Fast social bookmarks for your site
- Comes with a default modern icon set
Floating Social Media Icon add social media icons to appear automatically or you can use social media widgets, short-code or PHP code to display the social media icons where ever you like to want.
The icons fly from top left to bottom right and the social media icons will stay there even if user scrolls the page, thus it floats.
Floating Social Media Icon features
- Set Icon Size & Order
- Easy to Configuration
- Multiple Widget & Shortcode Support
- Auto/Manual Integration
- Enable/Disable Floating
- Most Downloaded Floating Social Network Plugin.
- Less Load – Essential Social Media Only
- Featured Plugin On Many Plugin Review Sites
- Drag and Drop Reorder Icons
- Social Media Icon Size Selection Support
Social Media and Share Icons (Ultimate Social Media)
Social Media and Share Icons plugin add icons for RSS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, “Share” and upload custom icons of your choice.
Social Media and Share Icons features:
- Make your social media icons “float” or “sticky”
- Allow visitors to subscribe to your blog by Email
- Add “counts” to your social media icons
- Decide to display a pop-up (on all or only on selected pages) asking people to follow/share you via your social media icons
- Decide to display sharing-buttons and social media icons at the end of every post
Digg Digg plugin have not updated since 2 years and so many visitor not like it. But I am using this plugin since 2 years so added it in list. Digg Digg is all in one social sharing plugin for your blog. Display all social sharing buttons nicely on your blog and make it look amazing, just like Mashable.
Digg Digg features:
- Display all popular social sharing buttons with count, such as Twitter, Buffer, Facebook Share, Facebook Like, Digg, LinkedIn, Google +1, Reddit, dZone, TweetMeme, Topsy, Yahoo Buzz, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, Sphinn, Designbump, WebBlend, BlogEngage, Serpd, Pinterest, Pocket and Tumblr.
- Facebook Like, support thumbnail generation, multiple languages, show faces and send button.
- Support for email and print services.
Flare helps easily configure and share your blog posts across some of the most popular networks.
- Add a Follow Me widget – place widgets on your site with links to your social networks to get more followers.
Configure multiple share icons for some of the most popular sharing services like Twitter, Facebook, Stumble Upon, Reddit, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Easily order your icons, customize their icons’ appearance
- Control which post types your Flare appears on
- Display your Flare at the top, bottom, left or right sides of your post content
- Flare displayed on the left and right of your post follow your visitors down the page as they scroll and conveniently hide when not needed
ShareThis: Share Buttons and Social Analytics
ShareThis plugin help to charge your content after using it.
- Social Analytics, CopyNShare, Open Graph Sharing, and the Hovering Bar!
Shareaholic includes related content recommendations, social sharing, following, social analytics and site monetization apps such as promoted content, native ads and affiliate links.
Shareaholic module makes it a snap for any website — big or small — to engage and grow their traffic, market their content, gain insights, and monetize their audience, all from one powerful but easy-to-use dashboard.
- Share Buttons
- Share Buttons for Images
- Floating Share Buttons
AddToAny Share Buttons WordPress sharing plugin helps to share your posts and pages to any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and over 100 more sharing and social media sites & apps.
Share Buttons & Follow Buttons features:
- Floating share buttons
- Vector share & follow buttons (SVG icons)
- 3rd party buttons include the Facebook Like Button, Twitter Tweet Button, Pinterest Pin It Button, Google+ Share Button and Google +1 Button
- Universal email sharing makes it easy to share via Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com (Hotmail), AOL Mail, and any other web and native apps
- Before content, after content, or before & after content
- Vertical Floating Share Bar, and Horizontal Floating Share Bar
- As a shortcode, or a widget within a theme’s layout
Integrating social media plugin is important to boost traffic to your website. Choosing social media plugin completely depends upon your requirement.