Once you have created a website/ blog, there are things you can do to help people find it.
To get a return on your online investment, it is a good idea to use a few methods that may actively bring people to your website.
This could be particularly important if you are running an e-commerce website, where getting customers at your door(website) is necessary.
To achieve this there is many methods; among them are:
– Display advertising (banner ads)
– Pay per click advertising
– Improving search Engine ranking
Display advertising (banner ads)
You can create a broad range of eye-catching ads with display advertising.
A banner ad is an advertisement for your organisation that is embedded into someone else’s webpage and appears as an image, animation, video or interactive element. If people are interested, they can click on the banner ad to visit your website.
Benefits of banner ads
Some benefits of banner ads include:
– Banner advertising may be more eye-catching than the typical text-based ads that are used for search engine marketing (SEM).
– Banner ads generally give you greater creative freedom to choose colours, fonts and images.
– They also allow for movement, sound, video and interactivity. This freedom may help you to communicate more about your products and/or services and build on your organisation’s brand.
You may reach new audiences who may not have necessarily known that your products and services existed before. This is different to SEM, where web users see ads for certain types of organisation based on what they are already searching for.
Pay per click and pay per impression banner ads
Some websites charge on a pay per click (PPC) basis to run your banner ads. This means you pay only for the traffic sent to your website resulting from users that click on your ad.
Alternatively, some websites may expect a pay per impression (PPI) payment structure (also known as cost per impression), which means that you pay for the number of times the advertisement is displayed on the relevant website
Improving search Engine ranking
Searching is one of the most frequent activities people do online. Many people will find your site by typing your organisation’s name or words describing the types of services that you offer into a search engine.
To attract new customers who are interested in what your organisation offers but have not yet heard of your business, you may wish to consider search engine optimisation.